Monday, January 23, 2012

The Window to The World on Life of A Poet Week 10



 
Can you tell us about yourself?

I am a cheerful and passionate person, enjoying every second of my life. Being an amateur poet and writer helps me deal with my emotions and bring to life crazy products of my imagination.

Which country do you live in now? What’s your profession? be general, no need to specify your location...

I come from Poland. I live there now, but I'm planning to move to a warmer location soon. I am currently a student at the Warsaw School of Economics.

We’re happy that you have been part of Poets Rally as a participant, what has driven you to where you are in this particular community? 

Poets Rally is something I really look forward each time. It gives me great opportunity to explore work of many tallented poets and reach more publicity myself.

How long have you been blogging? Do you think being part of a poetry community contributes to your creative writing?

 I've been blogging since summer 2009. Being a part of this particular community helped me get to know other people with the same passion (at first I've been surprised there are so many). Also, it inspires me to continue my creative growth and write even more. I'm really proud and happy to be a part of such a great project.

Why poetry? Do you write fiction too?

What I enjoy most about poetry is that it gives me freedom. I can write whatever I want and however I want. It's a great way to express my twisted personality. What's more, the short form of a poem is so much easier for me to write than prose as I often find myself giving up longer projects due to the lack of time. Nevertheless, I try fiction as well, only less often. On my blog you can find some short stories and 'The unconscious mind' series which I publish in parts. Furthermore, I'm currently working on my own book, which I hope to get published one day.

Please share 3 to 5 blog links you enjoy reading most, give 1 or 2 sentences to tell why you love their creative process.

I love the combination of amazingly romantic and extremely dark poems.

Here, I find a lot of smart hidden messages. Besides, the title tells it all: seek and you shall find :)

I really enjoy the rhythm of these poems, very original and inspiring.

How do you know when a poem is done? your own experiences need to be shared here...


This is a hard one! Well, words often pour out of me onto a piece of paper and I somehow feel when and how to finish. Then, I read through a poem aloud. If I can feel the strong emotions and the words in a way 'taste' good, I know the work is done.

How do you decide when a poem is "good"? Do you redo your own poems after they’re posted? it could be poem someone else written...

I just feel it. If I enjoy reading the poem, it wakes some emotions and the flow is kept, I know I've done it right. I never redo my poems after they are posted. Actually, I write only when I feel inspired and if I read through and decide the poem is finished, I don't want to change anything later. It somehow begins to live its own life.

Do you think music and poetry are related? Why?

I truely believe it's so. Many lyrics of songs sound like poetry (for me the leaders here are The Pierces) and many poems could be turned into songs. Poetry and music have this unique rhythm and flow, thus I love them both and could never choose between those two.

What issues are close to your heart? Women’s rights, child abuses, etc.…name one…

The freedom to choose your own path in life and decide for yourself.

What’s your other hobbies besides writing? Do you have pets? Give us a picture if you own a pet.

There are many of them. Besides writing, I'm fond of reading poetry, stories and books. Some of my favourite poets/writers are: Edgar Allan Poe, Ted Hughes, Anne Sexton. I also love anti-utopian books, like 'Brave New World' or 'Nineteen Eighty-Four', they really make me think about the humans' nature. What's more, I'm passionate about music (many different kinds: smooth jazz, R&B, latin, house, soul, indie...), dancing (belly dancing, reggaeton, dancehall), learning foreign languages (English, Russian, Spanish), abstract arts, yoga, philosophy, psychology and spiritual growth. I'm also interested in healthy lifestyle, cats and more ambitious movies (Pedro Almodovar, Woody Allen, Quentin Tarantino). I love travelling and discovering the diversity of the world. The cultures I'm particularly curious about are Indian and Spanish, they feel really close to my heart in many ways.
I do have a pet. It's a saint bernard dog called Ramzes.

Please list your blog links below, share 1 or 2 poems that represents best of your poetry talent…
Thanks in advance.


It’s been so long
I can’t say you did me wrong
You just failed to realise
That it was you I’ve been looking for in the skies
It’s been too long
We’ve never admitted that together we belong
The dances we have danced
And at each other have secretly glanced
Was it meant to last that long?
Now I’m singing for you the last song
I guess I have to move on
And for the new love will be reborn
We never said ‘goodbye’
We’ll never find out why
We’ve never even been together
And that’s the way it will stay forever
Sun will still come up when it’s May
Other people will make my day
And the feeling will eventually fade away
Like tears that have fallen in the rain


In the town of silence
In the night of brightness
Dreams don’t come
.
In the sea of nothingness
In the pool of wisdom
Diving yet – reluctantly
.
In the cup of reveries
In the song of madness
Looking for one leaf
.
In the birth of memories
In the jungle of adventures
Breathing in the sea
.
In the closure of my eyes
In exposure of my thoughts
I’ve found what I will be

4 comments:

The Morning Dew said...

living in Poland?

how cool.

MC said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
MC said...

What an interesting profile. I too love anti-utopian books. Also, I liked the poem "In the chaos of one's mind".

Anonymous said...

Haha... Thank you! *blushing*

hyde park poetry poetry palace on thursdays week 145, international poetry month in april, april 1 ---april 31, 2024, 12th year,

     international nutrition month, it is here for good assumption