Sunday, January 6, 2019

the window to the world on life of a poet interview: Bob Hazelton

 The Window to The World on Life of A Poet  Questions:


Can you tell us about yourself?

I'm a misguided misanthrope in the middle of life musing on the minutiae of mediocrity.

Which country do you live in now? What’s your profession? be general, no need to specify your location...

I live in America, NY state to be exact.
We’re happy that you have been part of Poets Rally as a participant, what has driven you to where you are in this particular community? 

I was invited repeatedly and finally started posting to hopefully gain more exposure for my poems.

How long have you been blogging? 

This is my ten year anniversary!

Do you think being part of a poetry community contributes to your creative writing?

Sometimes with prompts and of course support of fellow writers

Why poetry? Do you write fiction too?

Started with song lyrics and then started reading some classics and I was hooked. Sometimes I write little stories which are also posted on my site.

Please share 3 to 5 blog links you enjoy reading most, give 1 or 2 sentences to tell why you love their creative process.


I really haven't been reading any blogs lately but have many links on my blog to close friends and favorites.

How do you know when a poem is done? your own experiences need to be shared here...
It says what it needs to say.

How do you decide when a poem is "good"? Do you redo your own poems after they’re posted? it could be poem someone else written...

I have revisited and edited poems years after they were written, it's a tough call sometimes to change what originally poured out but we often learn more as we go along and can tweak something good into something great by changing only a few words.
Do you think music and poetry are related? Why?

if you like metered writing yes, if not, not so much. It makes me think of this quote: Poetry is painting with words, painting is poetry without words.
What issues are closed to your heart? Women’s rights, child abuses, etc.…name one…
My grandson and my own obscurity ;-)
 What’s your other hobbies besides writing? Do you have pets? Give us a picture if you own a pet.
I'm in a band and yes I have a chihuahua/jack Russell mix named Milo who I love more than anything.

Please list your blog links below, share 1 or 2 poems that represents best of your poetry talent…


Thanks in advance.

2 comments:

rch said...

Hi, thanks for your efforts and continuing support of people like me that love to write and be creative. Haven't been writing much because I have been working on songs but I am going to try to post more this year, so stop by.

Anonymous said...

nice.

hyde park poetry poetry palace on thursdays week 145, international poetry month in april, april 1 ---april 31, 2024, 12th year,

     international nutrition month, it is here for good assumption