Tuesday, January 29, 2019

the window to the world on life of a poet: meenakshi somasundaram

I am Meena.I am into business
Writing is my passion.
 I started writing very late after my children grew up.

I am basically a post graduate in English literature and passed  with honours.
I got married at the age of 19 and from then on was into the family and business.
 The urge to write was suppressed and when it could no longer be controlled it broke off one fine day that is on July 2008.
 I found my canvas in wordpress.com and started with writing articles on business and topical issues.
 One fine morning, I entered into the poetic world and I was caught by the fancy and there was no turning back.
I had written thousands of poems. They are  spontaneous and I do not restrain myself to one subject  but fly everywhere I seem to catch up.


2. I live in India and in Malaysia. Malaysia is my second home and I shuttle  between these two countries on and off, having been here for six months and there for  six months, not particularly specific about the months or the continuously too.
As stated before I am  into business.

3. I enjoy being in the community. I read the poems of other poets and feel mine is not so good as theirs. Most of the poems, I find are beautiful with imagery and rhymes flowing through. Certain poems are music to me. When I read them I feel happy and like to go on.The comments I get from the fellow poets  are really encouraging and they induce me to write more. Well, again I have to say, my poems are from the heart, and they reveal the subtle feelings  which escape many a writer. They reflect my culture and me at the most.

4. I have been blogging for the past  six and a half years. iThis platform or site, whatever you might call, is mine,  mine  alone where I see no trespassers, no intruders.where I revel and relax.

I post my poems the minute I complete them. I do not have the  patience  and I want to see them published at once. I then rush to the Stats page to find how many  of viewed it. I know it is extremely childish, but I cannot help it.  
After a day or two, I go through them and correct the minor mistakes, mostly the punctuations where I am very weak.
The periods do elude me while I write and unmindful I post them. My writing being mainly poetry does enjoy the poetic justice and license. 

Being part of the Poetry community, I feel I am close to the art and experience a relatively enthusiastic kinship among other poets. I do not communicate with them, but reading gives me a satisfaction and a  nearness  with my fellow poets.  I am not alone in this world penning poems there are others who do and who contribute better poems than me.

5. I write poetry and short articles Fiction, I have not tried.

^. The blogs I mostly read are 
Chester maynes .wordpress.com
Poesy plus Polemics.

6. I read the poems of other poets and feel mine is not so good as theirs. most of the poems, I find are beautiful with imagery and rhymes flowing through. Certain poems are music to me. When I read them I feel happy and like to go on.The comments I get from the fellow poets  are really encouraging and they induce me to write more. Well, again I have to say, my poems are from the heart, and they reveal the subtle feelings  which escape many a writer. They reflect my culture and me at the most.

7. Music and poem are related so closely. Each one seamlessly merge into the other. The rhymes and the words along with the intonations go to make poetry a music. that enthralls the listener. I feel they are twins, inseparable twins.

8 The issue  that is close to my heart is poverty.  many a child goes without proper food in the underdeveloped countries. They have no shelter and sleep on pavements, be it rain or sun. Then comes the education. Many small children are denied the basics and forced to slog under unimaginable circumstances. The face of each of these children  with tears wrenches my heart and I am deeply pained. 

9. Music is my best  companion. I forget myself when I hear the songs sung by my favorite musicians. In fact, I learnt music till I was nineteen, played on the Veena, a stringed instrument. My mother taught me veena. She was a remarkable instrumentalist. I also got trained in Bharatanatyam. I  had given recitals in my town during my  schooldays.   Poetry is akin to music and my early training in music and dance now helps in writing poetry. I do not have pets.


My blog link--- meenas17.com.

 My best poems are all those I have written. I do not want to be partial to them. MY creativity has given birth to thousands of poems, each one is my best It is for you to choose.I leave it to your choice and discretion.If you  select one or two ,please make known to others and do not forget to share it with me.
questions posted
Can you tell us about yourself?
Which country do you live in now? What’s your profession? be general, no need to specify your location...
We’re happy that you have been part of Poets Rally as a participant, what has driven you to where you are in this particular community? 
How long have you been blogging? Do you think being part of a poetry community contributes to your creative writing?

Why poetry? Do you write fiction too?

Please share 3 to 5 blog links you enjoy reading most, give 1 or 2 sentences to tell why you love their creative process.

How do you know when a poem is done? your own experiences need to be shared here...
How do you decide when a poem is "good"? Do you redo your own poems after they’re posted? it could be poem someone else written...
Do you think music and poetry are related? Why?

What issues are closed to your heart? Women’s rights, child abuses, etc.…name one…
What’s your other hobbies besides writing? Do you have pets? Give us a picture if you own a pet.

Please list your blog links below, share 1 or 2 poems that represents best of your poetry talent…
Thanks in advance.

hyde park poetry poetry palace on thursdays week 145, international poetry month in april, april 1 ---april 31, 2024, 12th year,

     international nutrition month, it is here for good assumption